Top 10 anti-aging benefits of the steam shower
The skincare industry has seen a rush over the last decade. With more beauty brands making a market presence, our dependence on cosmetics too has increased.
We all wish to look young and hence, falling prey to the marketing gimmicks, try every face wash, cream, serum that boasts of anti-aging benefits. However, we fail to see the natural remedy that isn’t just cost-effective but comes with absolutely zero side effects—heat therapy.
We have compiled a list of top 10 anti-aging benefits of heat therapy induced by regular steam shower at home to achieve graceful ageing:
1. Deep cleansing: A steam shower opens up the pores and helps loosen any buildup of dirt for a deeper cleanse and softens blackheads, making them easier to remove.
2. Takes years off from skin: The steam increases perspiration and dilates the blood vessels that increases circulation. Hence, it gives you anti-aging benefits taking a few years off your appearance.
3. Removes heavy metals: The heat absorbed by the skin during a steam shower helps reduce heavy metals from the bloodstream like mercury that is corrosive to the skin.
4. Relaxes skin: One of the best anti-aging benefits of the steam shower is that it relaxes the skin. It gives time to the skin to breathe flushing out impurities.
5. Hydrates skin: Steam hydrates the skin by increasing the water content and helping to increase oil production thereby repairing the skin.
6. Reduces wrinkles and eyebags: We use anti-aging or anti-wrinkle creams to reduce wrinkles and under-eye bags from our face. However, these creams give short-term benefits or in some cases, the effects aren’t visible too. The steam shower gives long term results in reducing wrinkles and under-eye bags from the skin.
7. Boosts collagen and elastin: The increased blood circulation during a steam shower boosts collagen and elastin production in the skin. This results in firmer and younger-looking skin.
8. Releases trapped sebum: Sebum is a naturally occurring oil produced by sebaceous glands to lubricate the skin and hair. When sebum gets trapped beneath the skin’s surface, it creates a breeding ground for bacteria and causes acne and blackheads.
9. A steam shower releases trapped sebum that helps in natural moisturization of skin giving an anti-aging effect.
10. Reduce acne: A steam shower releases dead skin cells, bacteria, and other impurities that clog the pores and contribute to acne.
11. Radiant skin: The steam shower helps remove dead skin cells that get accumulated and give your skin a dull look. Once this layer is taken off, the skin looks more radiant.
Get steam @ home starting at just Rs.1999/month. Now possible even in existing bathroom with no new construction/breakage. www.steampro.in
Reference links: https://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/skin-treatment-basics-improve-your-skin-s-health-in-a-steam-room